Thursday, May 17, 2012

In the meantime...

Well, it's been a while since my last post. Since then, I have completed all three of my Russian placement tests (1 grammar, 1 reading and listening, and one oral) and sent all my paperwork to the NSLI-Y/American Councils people over in DC. I also had to send in a picture of myself, which will the first impression that my host family has of me. Probably the most stress felt over a single photograph that I have ever experienced. The only things I have left to do in the 34 days left until I leave for orientation in DC are fill out my visa application, which I will probably get in the next week or so, get my host family information (early June sometime) continue studying Russian, and pack! I think I'm going shopping this weekend, it will be a long process.... My school stuff is all starting to wind down. I have a big paper due on June 1st, about two weeks from now, so once that hurdle is over I can seriously think about leaving! Until then, Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment